Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pictures of Lens and a little family hike

Downtown Lens, where I'll be living (hopefully)
A park I found to have lunch



Université d'Artois à Lens

Pure happiness





The "main drag"


And now for a little hike w/ the fam

This child has more energy than anyone I've ever met


Elvira, my only friend


This whole area was made from excess coal that couldn't be mined. It was piled up and up into a huge "mountain"


Now, they've made it into nature paths



Mère et fille




Avion from half way up

Giant cool looking mushrooms

This is only half the stairs

At the top




Our house is on the right



The whole thing was black carbon soil



Went running up here monday evening and got a little lost.  I had to run down this trail in the dark. Woops!




Didn't see that helpful sign either

Probly should have looked at this too

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Em. I think I figured out the posting business. It's exhausting having all of these user ids and passwords, and logging in and logging out. I see myself going off the grid someday. anyway, nice photos. its good to see where you are. Your new little friend is adorable and I can't wait to meet her.

    Also, keeping yourself safe sure seems low on your priority list --- knowing where you are going before you get there is helpful for things like safety. I'm just saying....
    love Mom

    ReplyDelete